21 November 2003

Happy Day

I have not laughed so much for such a long time. I was celebrating my 28th year on earth with a whole bunch of close friends, each whom I have met along life's journey - from primary school right up til NIE - and of course, my mum, brother, cousin and her husband. With good food, and a good sense of humour and wit, we all had a fun time just joking and laughing and reminiscing over good old times... My mum even had a DJ call me so that all of us could be heard on national air! Thanks, you guys, for making my birthday special... and for the rest of you for all your kind wishes, emails and SMSes.. You all really made me feel so loved and special. :)

I spent the day with Pris yesterday. We were supposed to swim to burn up all the cake and fried food we ate the day before, but alas, the weather had to spoil our plans - it rained! And so, we went window shopping and ate instead! For some strange reason, I kept thinking chocolate cake, and so came back home to finish up the remaining one third of my birthday cake. Today, I feel a tonne heavier. It's time to exercise again...

Next month, I'd be going for another blood test to check on my cholesterol level. I can picture my doctor frowning on the results. I can picture him shaking his head in disappointment. I can picture him asking me "What have you been eating, Deborah? What did I tell you about all those food...?" And I can picture myself lowering my head in guilt and shame... I think I will be a good girl from now on... Salad, here I come again!

I think I am beginning to feel better about Mark. He sent me an SMS on my birthday. It read "Happy B'day! I didn't forget this year!" Ah yes. For once, he didn't. It always slips his mind year after year, but this year, he remembered. I was touched. That was an indication to me that he's keeping his word about keeping the friendship as it is. I respect him for that. And it made me feel happy. It helps to know that at least I still have the friendship.

My mum will be leaving for Canada tomorrow. So, today will be day out with mum. She wants to do a massage, and has asked me to join her... How can you say no to that, right? When mum leaves, Deb will take over as Maria... Dread... I've cut my fingernails short in anticipation of the housework and cleaning I have to do. Can't wait for Sydney!!

A friend of mine has been feeling down lately. She doesn't know what's on her mind, or what's troubling her. She feels a sense of loss, helplessness, and confusion. She thinks she's being a coward in not being able to face her troubles. She thinks it's all her. I worry for her when she gets like this. I think she's being too hard on herself. I think she should realise that she cannot be all things to all people. I think she's a beautiful person who has yet to realise the true beauty in her character. I hope she feels better soon. I hope to see her smile from within again. I feel sad when my friends are sad...

Feel better soon, OK, my friend? :)

No comments: