06 November 2003

The spa and the interview

It's been a long day out. The spa treatment with my mum went on fine, though my mum still thinks Amrita Spa's still the best. I can't blame her. I think so too. But it was a relaxing moment to relish for me especially having had a few months of non-stop assignments. It's really a well-deserved rub-down! Now, I feel polished. The scrub and aromatherapy massage does wonders for the skin.

My meeting with the principal of St Michael's went well. A very pleasant lady who gave me another perspective of what it means to be teaching in a primary school. She even walked me to the canteen to see her little primary one "devils" during recess. The maternal instincts in me found all the cute little ones so endearing! There was this little boy that actually came up to the principal and offered her his snacks from his lunch box! According to her, he has been bugging her a few weeks back about decorating the school to celebrate halloween! Primary school kids these days sure grow up fast! Pris should know... she's got to face a whole bunch of them in school every day... well, almost!

I haven't made a decision yet if I want to teach there. Frankly, I really don't mind. But I'll meet up with the principal of Holy Innocent's tomorrow before I make a firm decision. Whatever it is, I'll let God lead. I know he knows what's best for me.

Went to collect our airtickets with Grace after the interview today. Sigh.. Simon said "Eh. you're getting fatter." What a thing to say, right? Maybe he's right. Ah... OK.. No more Malteesers, Ben & Jerry's, Mee Goreng..... It doesn't help that I've not been feeling well these days to continue on my exercise regime. The rain is no help either! Well, at least he's being frank. A big part of me just hopes it's all water retention.. but hey, I'm just kidding myself, right?

Thanks Pris for the encouragement. As the day passes, I feel more and more sure about how I feel about Mark. However, I feel less and less confident about the feelings being mutual. Maybe it's PMS... I know what you mean about the butterflies in the stomach, and heart skipping a beat. Come to think of it, I've always had them. Until today, I find it quite amazing that I've kept those feelings in me for so long. In a way, I'm looking forward to meeting Mark next week. Maybe it's just me wanting to unload my heavy heart...

I did the Finding Nemo test I found on Addie's website - hey, guess what, I'm NEMO. Here's what it's all about. You can find out your own character by clicking on the link below.. Go ahead, do it and let me know what you are OK? Fill it up under the comments. :)

I'll be back tomorrow with more blogging.. Gonna sleep now. Good night!

You are NEMO!


What Finding Nemo Character are You?

brought to you by Quizilla



No comments: