I woke up this morning with the sun shining in my face. I am usually not one who sleeps in, but I had a late night. Wendy came over my place, and we were tying ribbons for the programme cards for tonight's dinner at the Ritz Carlton. With 125 cards to tie, and just us being anal that the bows should be in perfect shape, we didn't finish til 2am! But it was all worth it. Laughter and gossip kept us awake. After Wendy left, I took a shower and plonked myself in front of the TV, watching a rerun of the final episode of Joe Millionaire on Star World.
At least I could sleep in late today. Poor Wendy had to help her mum pack her luggage cos she's leaving for a holiday. Yes, something again common between Wendy and I - we always have to help our mums pack their luggage, and tell them not to clip that stupid-looking waist pouch around their waists cos it makes them look like the "sell-drink auntie". Things we do to make our mums look nice and young... Hip even.
Wendy must be sleepy now. Today will be another long day for her. We have a whole day planned out. She's at work right now. Will get down to Ritz Carlton in the afternoon to ensure the logistics are all done nicely. She'll have one of the rooms there to freshen up. Come dinner, she's to ensure things run smoothly... and then, it's time to let the hair down and party!! We plan to do something tonight. Maybe get to one of the bars to practise our salsa, or drop by Harry's for good jazz music... or we'll see what the others have in mind and just go along.
As for me, I am getting used to my Maria job. After I woke up, I packed my brother's lunch, did the laundry, and cleaned the house. After this, I'd be preparing his dinner for tonight. The sun's shining really brightly, so if my body has any energy left, I may just go for a swim. Wendy and I have a hotel room booked, so we don't have to worry about taking a cab home after tonight's dinner. So, I'd be checking in later in the afternoon, followed by a facial, and then off to dinner. Will be seeing all my ex-colleagues again.. :)
Yeah! Mum just called from Canada. Glad to hear her voice. She's having a nice time.. said she played with snow, took lots of pictures, and is now shopping at some place.. Said she bought me a pair of Nine West sandals.. How sweet of her. It's the same when I go travelling.. I end up buying things for others! Chip of the old block! Sigh... I really do miss her. I won't see her til next year after I get back from Sydney... Wow!
Two friends of mine are really happy now. In my head, I can see their shy smiles and glowing faces. It warms my heart to know they are both enjoying themselves and having a good time. Whenever I think about them, I smile too. I wish I could give both of them a hug right now and tell them - hey, I'm happy to share in your happiness. I really am. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment