03 November 2003

It's an epidemic!

Looks like I'm not the only one that has caught the flu bug. I just found out over the msn that Madalene and Pamela's down with flu too. Funny that we seem to get sick all at the same time.. Remember during the one-week break the last time? All of us were down with flu too! Chen Ying had a slight flu on Saturday, but she's gotten better. Among my friends, Wendy wasn't feeling too well on Friday too, and Grace is beginning to feel a little unwell the last I spoke to her. Hmmm... the flu season is coming!! Remember them warning us about SARS making a comeback come end of the year? Well, I sure hope this isn't it! I mean, I hope SARS doesn't come back at all! The recent increase in cases in dengue fever is no consolation either. All the symptoms are almost the same... Fever, cough, runny nose...

As for me, I've been trusting my decolgen and nim jiom pi pa kao. Have been downing lots of the latter - mixed with warm water. Really soothes the lungs - doesn't feel so congested now, and the throat is much better. Decolgen dealt with the fever and the cold... Overall, I feel giddy and light-headed, but much better.. Thanks, Ian, for calling to see if I were OK. Really so sweet of you. :)

Was msn-ing Grace (my primary school friend, not the Raffles Hotel Grace - let's call primary school Grace, Grace 1 - cos her surname's Wan - no, not kidding!). She was convincing me to do a lindy hop kinda thing with her. Oh man.. I told her I've got two left feet and a body made out of wood. Ha.. Anyway, she's gonna hook me up with another primary school classmate of mine (we call her Toad - but that's another story) to teach me salsa. I think I can handle that better... My ex-boss once said I had "the moves" ... whatever that meant. Well, I'm kinda into sexy dances, sexy music, sexy moves, sexy language - can't help it. It's the scorpio in me I guess. Scorpios are meant to be passionate and sexy and mysterious people... Erhem... Spanish anyone?

It's past midnight, and I'm just finishing up the last of my assignment. Thank God it's finally done. Most of my classmates have finished theirs too. For all of us, I think it's a big load off our shoulders. Now, all of us are just waiting for Tuesday to come and go and really celebrate after the test. But with all of us down with flu, I guess we'll probably have to give ice-cream a miss.. unless we all miraculously recover by then!

I'm gonna get down to school later today to hand in the assignment. Then I intend to stay back in school to study with Chen Ying. I figured I'd be more productive in school than at home, where I'd probably end up sleeping and surfing the web, and thinking how else I can make my blogsite look nicer :)

I'd better get some sleep now. Take care all of you. Don't let the flu bug hit you! Stay healthy, keep well!

No comments: