I think those late nights tapping the keyboard in front of the PC has taken its toll on me. Got up this morning with a sore throat, a runny nose, watery eyes and a slight cough. The head feels heavy, and I really don't want to do my assignment anymore. All I want to do is sleep. Well, it's either the late nights, or I have been relaxing too much.
You see, I read somewhere that people tend to fall sick when they relax too fast after a high stress period. This is because of some hormones which affect the immunity of the body. The immunity drops because the brain senses that it does not need so much energy to deal with the stress anymore, and as a result the body becomes temporarily susceptible to virus. It seems to prevent this, relaxation after a high stress period should be gradual. Oh well - better sick now than when I'm in Sydney!
Alright, I've gotta go to the market now - highly domesticated, huh? Will deal with the flu bug later. Ahh...chooo!!!
Bless you!
No comments:
Post a Comment