17 October 2003

It's a Friday. I am supposed to be happy, but I am not. So far, I miraculously lost my ez-link card (and it's topped up, mind you!), the bikini still doesn't look good on me, and the Principal from St Anthony's Convent just sent me an email to say she's very sorry, but there's no vacancy for me in the school. Sigh.... I am close to tears, and that nut thing in my brain is taking over.

Ah yes - the big bones Pris is talking about. I'm beginning to think I got picked up from the bin. My dad is small, my mum's small, and my brother's skinny. I'm big. So what happened to me? They all use glasses and I've got perfect eyesight. You get the idea?

Thank goodness the UET test went on well. Got quite a simple topic to talk about - telling students the importance of not bringing valuable items to school. It went on OK except I didn't know 3 minutes took so long.. oh well, maybe I was just speaking too fast.

Talking about PMS again. Addie, Chen Ying (or should I say Stephanie?) and myself were just talking over lunch. Actually, we really admire the guys surrounding us (their boyfriends, and my brother, that is) for tolerating all our mood swings and nonsense. They really just take it in their stride. I guess that's the difference between us girls and them guys. Can you imagine if your guy had PMS??!! And it coincides with yours??!!

And since I am on the topic on men - maybe you can help me out here. It's a dilemma. Imagine this. Two guys. One is Mark*, the other is Don*. I've been friends with Mark for the longest time. Liked him once 10 years back, but the feelings weren't mutual then. We got attached to different people, broke off, and we're both now single - and looking. I guess I know Mark so well, he's like what I call "my comfortable pair of shoes". I know his moods, what he likes, what he doesn't like, and I love it when we meet and go into deep philosophical conversations about life. I guess, maybe in a large way, I've never stopped liking him? But because I don't want to spoil this friendship I took so long to develop, I choose to just keep it all to myself, perhaps hoping that one day, the feelings will be mutual.

Now, about Don. Well, I don't really know him, but I read about him in 8 days and Cleo. He's one of those eligible bachelors. This sounds a little far-fetched, but when I read about him, I was like - now, this is the kind of guy I'd like. There was an email address I could have emailed to to drop him a note, but I didn't. I guess I felt I still liked Mark. But the, there was a twist of fate. I was telling this story to my friend and surprise, surprise - she knows Don, and quite well too.

Question - should I tell Mark that I like him, and deal with the consequences (of losing the friendship possibly)? Should I ask my friend to hook me up with Don, just to see how things go? Should I just resign to my fate that maybe my role on earth is to be an earth-angel for everyone else so that my love can be showered on more people rather than just one special person? (I making singlehood sound really sacred here... as though it's a calling!)

Dilemma...Things you think about when you're PMS-ing...

*names have been changed to protect MY identity :-P

And just in case I don't log on again, here's my thought for the night for you:
"There is goodness in everyone - yes, even your worst enemy. We just have to be more sensitive to this goodness."

No comments: