20 October 2003

Happy Day...

Despite the rain, the day went well. The sun began to shine brightly much to the delight of my laundry-mad mother and neighbours alike. Corridors were lined with linen of all shapes, sizes and colour, basking proudly under the sun. The sun. What a wonder it is.

If the sun was a god, then Wendy would be the worshipper. Check out her long blurb about tanning and her immense love for it in the comments link under "Wendy has grown..." Indeed, I am not a staunch tanner as her. I just get irritated when my tummy gets white. I tend to alternate between the "I-love-the-sun" mantra and "The-sun-is-bad-for-your-skin" chant. Of course, my skin doctor will now frown on me basking under the hot sun. He says it's bad for my skin. And with such a cute doctor telling you that, how can you not listen to him, right? But since I'm seeing him only in December, I'm just gonna get bronze til I meet him. :)

It's a happy day. I've clocked in a total of 4 comments from my friends at my blog site. It's nice to know they're reading it.. Thanks, Addie, Ju, Mama Liyi and Wendy for adding in your comments. Do keep it up, yah? And to my fellow blogger, Pris - it's a joy to read your blogs too. Thanks for saying that I'm not heavy.... I'm your sister.. You sure I'm not heavy? Well, I do admire your passion for diving. I'd love to do it, but you know me - the deep blue sea scares me... I'd just be contented watching what you see on Discovery Channel :) So, did you have a good tan today?

It's a happy day too cos I've finally handed in the IT integration plan I did with Chen Ying. Yipee! I don't have late lessons on Mondays and I don't have to see "Fat Mama" anymore!! It was great working with you, CY!! Now, I know a little more about the History of Singapore...Wah.. so NE, huh? (NE is National Education, for those of you not in the teaching line.. we're supposed to infuse NE in all our lessons...)

It's also a happy day cos I found Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey for my brother! Went to Cold Storage at Bugis after school today, and went straight to the ice-cream section. Yipee! It's buy 2 get 1 free. So now, I am the proud owner of 3 pints of B & J's ice cream... also got the Peppermint cookie one and the chocolate brownie fudge one.. yummy...

I'm planning to watch Hossan Live with Wendy and Grace next month. Haven't seen Hossan perform solo for a while. I bet this one will be equally hilarious! What a good way to start the holidays.. with humour! You can find out more about his show here : Hossan Live! Book early cos there's a 20% discount. No, I'm not getting commission out of this!

Oh yes, Wendy... yup, you're right.. I've always been at the lead of things. So it feels wierd not being in the lead for once. I guess God is fair. I'll have my chance soon. I'll just need patience, right? And when my turn comes, I'll just draw on all your experiences! I'm gonna do what I planned to do before I leave for Sydney. It's just the medium of doing it that has yet to be decided on. Following my dreams.. and if dreams don't come true, well, I'll just dream another dream...

It's a happy day. I feel happy. I hope I can pass on this happiness to those around me.. :)

No comments: