Wendy and I had a debate yesterday evening. For a full half an hour, we were shooting out reasons and points. We tried to justify our cause. We knew we were on the losing end. The reasons were not good enough. Our opponent was far too strong. In the end, we admitted defeat. We laughed at ourselves, and concluded that we were just plain lazy.
If you want to know, we were debating whether or not to jog.
After a long and tiring day, jogging is perhaps one of the last things you would want to do. But we have to. Wendy and I push each other to jog just to keep fit and well, burn excess fats. It's the key to less jiggly thighs and a tighter ab. We try to do it twice a week, but we pat ourselves on the back if we can even make it once. We're supposed to jog today. We'll see if we start debating again, huh, Wendy? :)
My eyes are half open as I was playing around with the counter for the website late last night- notice the cute train counter over at the margin? It helps me track how many people have visited my blog. Of course, i cheated. It's counting hits, not visits - which means that each time I reload a page, the number goes up!
In any case, I had to get up early today as I had to sign up for my elective module next semester online. There were a few technical glitches, but thankfully, I managed to get the module I wanted - something to do with guidance and counselling. My friends weren't so lucky though.. Most of them couldn't get into the class as it was full. Looks like I'll be the only one taking this among all of us.. I hope I make some nice friends in my new class!
I'm gonna get on with my next assignment, and start studying for my grammar test next week. But before I leave you, I'd like to share with you something.
I sent an email to my UET tutor the day before to inform her that I could not help her out to sell T-shirts as I had earlier volunteered to do so. My granduncle passed away and I was needed at the funeral. At the same time, I sent her a thank you note, to thank her for teaching us all the correct pronunciation, and for being so encouraging. I never thought much about how the email would affect her. It was just thanks from the heart.
And so, I was pleasantly surprised when Pamela told me that she told her that I sent her a really nice email, and that she was so happy to read what I wrote. Yesterday, I learnt something from this - you never know how your small gesture can touch a person's heart. It doesn't take much out of us to sometimes say thank you, and show our appreciation to others around us. Yet, we don't do it often enough.
I learnt something from this incident. I hope it enlightens you too.
No comments:
Post a Comment