It's 1.30am. I have just finished editing the IT plan which Chen Ying sent me. Just sent it back to her, and thought that before I hit dreamland, I should log down the million and one thoughts racing through my head right now.
Thanks, Pris and Addie for your kind advice. I guess sometimes, friends are there to tell you something you already know. Sometimes, you forget things that matter to you, and it's these friends who shake you, and bring you back to your senses.
I had a wonderful talk with Pris over two chocolate cakes, oozing with hot chocolate fudge and a whole bag of nachos at Starbucks. Besides learning that you can have two cups of tea for the price of one there (Pris taught me how!!), I also realised once again what my head and heart really wanted. Amidst the euphoria of the prospects of a new adventure, new experiences, and new feelings evolving, I had perhaps once again forgotten what I want deep inside of me. And so, as I speak more and more about what I think, what I feel, it becomes more and more apparent to me how I really feel, what I really want. It spurs me to want to move in that direction no matter what it takes, whatever the consequences.
One of my philosophies in life is that I do now want to live a life of "what-ifs". I do not want to end this life regretting not doing what I wanted to do. Life is that short. Enjoy the happiness and setbacks it brings.
And so, with this in mind, I guess I know which path I should take. And if all is lost, at least I have gained an experience; a story to tell; a lesson learnt.
Love is a beautiful feeling to be treasured, to be embraced. Yet, it is also a path of tears - both of sadness and of joy. It is a mystery, a paradox, an oxymoron. It brings out the best and the worst in us. Despite this tension, we all still want to fall in love, because we realise that amidst everything, the simplicity (and complexity) of love can overcome everything. If only we realise this more often.
Idealistic? I don't think so.
On a lighter note - Today's Simon's birthday. I called him past midnight just now - just to wish him Happy Birthday. He's in Bintan right now, having some "ME" time (as he always does on his birthday). I'm glad I made him happy by just remembering his birthday. :)
Oh - thanks Pris for being my shopping buddy for the bikini... hey, nice bikini too! *wink*
And for the rest of you, hope you like the new layout for the blog... The thought for the day is now posted below the links. :) Good night!! (or should I say Good morning?!!) Will be back later with more thoughts...
No comments:
Post a Comment